Unexpected Second Surgery on Monday Morning

My elbow surgery left me with a seroma, constant swelling in my right elbow at the site. We tried antibiotics and the surgeon took a sample which shows no infection. He wants to go back in on Monday morning, drain the fluid, and see what’s causing the swelling. It will be another two weeks in a half cast, taking pain meds, and no exercising. If I don’t get the surgery on Monday, I have to wait two weeks, as the surgeon is Jewish and will be away for the upcoming holidays, so he says. I can’t wait that long.

I live in Deerfield Beach, FL, and the surgery is in West Boca Raton, so I need a driver. The surgeon said that I can use Uber, but the center says otherwise. My driver from the last surgery can’t help me, and I live alone. I tried local municipal and Veteran groups, but they don’t do rides unless I’m being treated at the VA. My friend Miles is reaching out to contacts here, and I booked Uber, but am afraid I’ll be turned away at the admissions desk. I texted my parish Priest for prayers, and maybe the parish can find a volunteer, but that’s up in the air. I don’t know anyone outside of different fellowships in and around Miami.

Please pray that everything works out. This whole situation has beat me down pretty hard. I normally like to help others with their crosses, but this time, I’m the one that needs help.